The best professor at the University of Waterloo. His introductory economics courses are unmatched in content, quality, and entertainment factor.

Larry loves John Maynard Keynes.

Educated at the University of Waterloo and the University of Western Ontario. He is an adjunct faculty member with the Department of Economics at the University of Waterloo, since 1983. Larry is known for his rapport with the undergrad population, especially in his popular first-year macroeconomics course. He is a recipient of the University of Waterloo’s Distinguished Teacher Award. Larry apparently has an index card for each of the over 12,000 students he has taught to date.

Larry also provides "strategic market guidance for new ventures and new technologies" through his company, Essential Economics.

Larry is the author of Beyond the Internet: How Expert Systems Will Truly Transform Business (see http://www.beyondtheinternet.net/).

... computing is poised to move beyond chat rooms, childish games, balanced accounts, and corrected spelling. A computing technology far more radical than the Internet now approaches...

In addition to "Beyond the Internet", he is the author of Making Economic Connections.

Here is Larry quoted in the mathNEWS profQuotes collection from the 1980s: "A typical bunch of Canadians; I'm telling you how to make money, and you just want to go and eat your bloody lunch!"

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.