Writing released as one of the many 'underground art forms' in the BBS-launched ansi art scene. Often of an inferior quality level, often dwelling on topics of gloom, death and destruction and often fixating on the name of a BBS as the derivation of the subject matter and theme.

Also, past tense of the verb, 'to light.'

A rock band from California, originally Anaheim. Played as a heavy metal band under the name Razzle, and eventually became Stain. The band later changed its name to Lit retaining the same type of music as its focus.

Releases include: A Place in the Sun, Five Smokin' Tracks from... Lit, and Tripping the Light Fantastic

Singles from A Place in the Sun: "My Own Worst Enemy", "Zip-Lock", "Miserable"
Norse Mythology, presenting a vast gallery of personalities, still has one appearance, which strikes me as weirder than most. Suddenly entering the stage and just as swiftly leaving it in a blaze, if not of glory, at least of roaring fire. The character I’m referring to is the dwarf Lit.

As the gods have gathered around to prepare the funeral pyre of the beloved Balder, Lit comes hurrying past for no obvious reason whatsoever. Not mentioned before, he here makes the mistake that prohibits him from any further partaking in the adventures of the Aesir as he scurries along not just anywhere but in the way of the mighty Thor. The god of Thunder, enraged and distraught, by the all too sudden departure of Balder apparently looses it and with one well-aimed kick sends Lit flying into the funeral pyre, where the flames eat him alive.

Lit (?)

, a form of the imp. & p. p. of Light.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.