The School of National Administration also referred to as ENA. The premiere French university for public affairs, designed to instruct civil servants of the world, particularly France, with campuses located in Paris, France and Strasbourg, France. Prospective students must pass three entrance exams to become a part of the student body, which includes graduate school-aged students, experienced civil servants, and professionals from outside civil service, such as the world of business.

The school was founded in 1945 by Charles de Gaulle, as part of a series of reforms seeking to improve and unify candidates for public service, or mold the elite. It has since then has become an essential educational experience for those wishing to enter French government. In France, education is seen as the litmus test in making many decisions, from choosing public officials to job advancement. ENA is seen as the equivalent of a politician’s Massachusetts Institute of Technology; it helps train people to reach prestigious positions in their field. President Jacques Chirac and Foreign Minister Dominique de Villepin are both alumni.

Outside of France, the school has a reputation as being a summer camp for businesspeople. They have the opportunity to take classes, improve their resume, and spend some time on the Left Bank.

Source:
ENA's website www.ena.fr

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.