Atari 5200 Game
Produced by:Activision
Model Number:AG039
Atari Rarity Guide:4 Scarce
Year of Release: 1984

This game is the exact same game as Kung Fu for the Nintendo. The graphics are worse. But it is the same game. This version however is more difficult because the Atari 2600 only has a single button on the controller. Which makes it more difficult to perform the punch. On the NES the punch is the A button, but it requires a combination on the Atari 2600.

Kung Fu Master was originally released as an arcade game and that version was pretty good, but no version can truly compare with the Nintendo Entertainment System version. Play that one, and ignore this one altogether.

From the instruction manual:

* Don't use punches and kicks randomly. A true martial artist knows when
to apply them at just the right moment.

* Try to figure out which type of blow works best against which opponents.
Most of them have certain weak spots.

Dan Kitchen is the programmer on this title. He was also responsible for Atari versions of games such as Double Dragon, Donkey Kong and Ghostbusters.

This game is valued at around $5 USD. Games with boxes and manuals are worth more. The only reason anyone would want to buy this game was if they owned an Atari 5200, but did not own a Nintendo Entertainment System. Even then it isn't a valid reason, as it is almost impossible to punch any enemies in this game.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.