Japanese bookstore that can be found in the United States. (New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and--according to chkno, Beaverton, OR, are the locations I know for sure.) They carry books in English about Japan, all kinds of books in Japanese, Japanese magazines, manga, j-pop and other Japanese CDs, t-shirts, and various other items. Fun to browse in.

A very large bookstore chain in Japan that also has several outlets in Asia and the United States. Tokyo's Kinokuniya is located in Shinjuku, and Osaka's is located underneath the Hankyu station in Umeda. There is a Kinokuniya store at 10 West 49th Street in Manhattan that's one of the best places in New York to get genuine Japanese coffee, and the Kinokuniya at Changi Airport in Singapore is one of the most extensive bookstores in the entire city. Kinokuniya carries books in English, Japanese, and other languages.

There is also a Kinokuniya in Edgewater, New Jersey, right near the George Washington Bridge. It is in the same complex as a huge Japanese supermarket called Mitsuwa and a Japanese import store. As far as I know it is around the same size as the one in Manhattan, although it does not have a coffee bar. One of the nicer features of this Kinokuniya is its suburban location (a big difference from the ones in Japan and Manhattan). Every year the Connecticut-Japan society, as well as other similar groups in the region, organizes a bus trip to the complex, giving Japanese expatriates a chance to stock up on variety show videos and shrimp chips.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.