That this show even exists takes my breath away. It is, in no more words than this, the original King Biscuit show, broadcast from KFFA, the heart of the Mississippi Delta in Helena, AK, featuring the best Blues pickers and grinners that exist today or forever.

If you play guitar this is like finding out that an Archeopterix has landed in your living room, and is singing lieder. (Or, perhaps, an ivory-billed woodpecker. It is Arkansas.) It sounds exactly the way you would expect, with local advertising for the Technical Institute, where you can get a GED and a sly push for the local Bed and Breakfast (which I've heard has had an awful lot of British fellows as of late?) Really. In just a few days' listening, I've heard "Mood Indigo", done as a classic blues, and a dozen other songs, just the way they would be done back when..It's only when Sonny Payne (yup, that's his name) talks about how his grandkids are going to be seeing "The Hunger Games" do I realize that this IS live...

Oh, yes, did I say that this is a daily show? Yup. Monday through Friday, 12:00-12:30, the longest-running daily show in American radio history, dating from 1941. And there is NO rss...

www.kffa.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.