Norwegian rock band, consisting of six members.

The beginning

They started as the band "Blod, Snått & Juling" (Blood, Snot and Asskicking) with the childhood companions Jan Ove Ottesen and Geir Zahl. Jan Ove got a guitar from his grandma and started practising. Soon, the band was formed. They didn't have a lot of money, so they played whatever they could try out like guitars, organs, and synths.
Being young in Bryne was not very cool, and inspired the band to rehearse even more. Who can blame them when there was only one TV channel?. An even bigger challenge was to land nice chicks without a moped. Even more inspiration. B,S&J was on the narrow path to success.

They decided to write in Norwegian. A LOT of bad home recordings later, BS&J recorded their first studio album in 1994. The producer was a wierdo called Daffy, who drank industral alchohol to prove he could do it. To days later, nine tunes were recorded and published on tape. Not realizing that you could do things more than once in a studio, the result was... ...interesting. The tapes became cult hits with tunes like Livredde (Scared to death), Märtha Louise and På Pøbben (At the pub). Later in 94, into 95, they tried another studio session, and this time, the result was far better. By this time, they also got Frode Efteland on drums and Terje Vinterstø on guitar. And yes, they now realized that there was such a thing as a second take. This time, the tape was published in a whopping 100 pc. They went into the studio once more in 96, but the resulting tape was never published.

A change

After some time in the military, Jan Ove moved to Bergen and started an education as a music teacher. He picked up some hints about a thing called accords and formed a new band; Gnom (Gnome). Helge Risa on synth, Rune Solheim on guitar, and the slightly older Rolf Prestø on bass. The result was the CD "Mys" (Squint), and it actually got some acclaim! Didn't sell, though. Without a record deal, selling actual records is quite difficult.

Some more changes

The band now arrived at a crossing. Would they try to charm the audience with popish friendly tunes like Hysj! (Hush!) or try something new like Hemmelig Beskjed (Secret message). The latter had an enormous appeal on the live audience, so they went for that style. The style was truly strange. They mixed inde rock with polka and the result was interesting... The song Bastard changed it all... Darker, more mystical and even darker was something the band liked.
They changed the bass player (New guy: Jon Sjøen) and went from acoustic guitar to electrical. Geir bought one from a pal.

Almost there...

The name Kaizer came from the tune Bastard. The band wanted a change, to reflect the new style of music they were playing. In 2000, another recording followed. This time an EP. EMI signed an preliminary agreement with the band and then dumped them. But the band did not give up. They used the EP in junction with the by:larm festival in 2000. The gig was a flop, but their songs were played on the radio. New contract, new record. In the meantime, Geir smashed his thumb between a crow bar and an oil drum. Oh well, collateral damage. In order to focus on the singing, Terje Vinterstø was brought in from the band Zombie Porkchop to play guitar for Geir. They went to the studio.

Finally. Success.

With money from Kassettavgiftsfondet, they recorded 14 songs in two days. Stian Carstensen from the band Farmers Market was there to ensure the eastern european sound the band wanted in order to make a really strange record. The result was 13 mixed songs, 12 went to the album Ompa til du dør (Polka 'till you die). A hit album.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.