WARNING! SPOILERS APLENTY! CALL YOUR MOMMA!


Title: Daze and Knights
Release Date: November 1996
Writers: Mark Waid and Fabian Nicieza
Pencillers: Jeff Johnson and Darick Robertson
Inkers: John Holdredge and Hanibal Rodriguez
JLA Members: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and the Martian Manhunter.
Bad Guys: Dr. Destiny, Know Man, and various sparkers.

So what happens?
After the Martian Manhunter uses his telepathy to find Dr. Destiny's location buried in Green Lantern's mind, the Justice League heads for a military complex outside of Butte, Montana, where they discover Dr. Destiny held captive by someone called Know Man.

Know Man claims to be a former caveman uplifted to sentience and immortality and charged with preventing the future extinction of the human race. He says that it is necessary to give superpowers to everyone on earth in order to prevent the coming of "the ultimate warbringer".

In a final attempt to get the Justice League out of his way, Know Man dumps them in additional dreamscapes where their powers have no limits, but Dr. Destiny extracts J'onn from his delusions and uses his powers to return the world to normal. After Martian Manhunter extracts the rest of the JLA from their dreamworlds, Know Man warns them to be ready for the coming of the warbringer and disappears. Realizing that there are threats too great to be trusted to anyone else, the Leaguers agree to stay together.

Back | Index | Forward

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.