“Breathe deep Bob….Relax….”

That’s what I have to keep telling myself for the next couple of days because right now, I feel like I’m running on empty.

For those of you who have been so kind over past couple of days, I ask that you indulge me for what is hopefully one last time…

Another friend died yesterday. He was about 25 years old. I’d known him since he was a “kid” of 19. He managed the kitchen at my local watering hole. It was of his own hand.

He was upset over the recent death of Molly, the one I already told you about. He was also having some girl problems and for all I know, a thousand other things started ganging up on him inside his head. I guess life and all the problems it presents just got the better of him.

Booze, guns, loneliness and despair. If there’s a more lethal combination, I don’t know of one…

I’m looking forward to this weekend. I need hugs that aren’t filled with sadness. I need to see eyes that are filled with joy and happiness instead of those that are etched with tears. I want to see smiling faces instead of those that are wracked in grief. I want to raise a toast to those that are here instead of recalling those that have recently left us. I want to make new memories instead of trying to re-live old ones. I want the company of friends, some of whom I know already and some of whom I’m bound to make. I want the sound of laughter to fill the air to replace the muffled sobs that are echoing in my brain. I want to make the last few days go away for a little while.

Since many of us are meeting for the first time, there was some questions about how people will recognize each other. It won’t be hard to spot me.

I’ll be the one hugging everybody…

Peace and love

Bob and Anna

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.