Sorry folk, but your bar's just too damn high for me

I used to come to E2 because it was a fun place. It was a place I could show my writing, and share information, and basically enjoy myself.

E2 has stopped being fun for me, and as someone smarter than I once said, if it's no longer fun, walk away.

So this is me, walking away.

I'm not walking away in a temper. I'm not walking away in a sulk. I don;t plan a massive nuking of my w/us or anything.

I've just realised, with a lot of regret, that E2 has changed into a place where my style or being just doesn't fit.

I've messaged wertperch and asked him not to give me any more mentees. I've messaged my mentees and given them the choice of letting me mentor them through email or requesting a new mentor.

I'll miss this place.

Who knows, perhaps once I have learned a lot of stuff about writing I have never considered before - the legal stuff - I'll be back.

And perhaps I'll be back to post pure fiction from time to time, but basically... yeah.

Bye bye for now, E2. It's been fun.

*hugs*

Trina

Sacred Heart Mission Community Cup 2003

As I had such a good time last year I bowled up at the Junction Oval in St Kilda at 12.30pm today to hear Roadhouse playing on the sidelines and the under 10s playing on the ground. It was supposed to be cold and raining, but it turned out fine even if it was a bit cold out of the sun.

The funniest thing I heard was the drummer doing a drum roll when the kids where playing the ball and hitting the high-hat when a mark was taken (you had to be there.) Later on I bought lunch and watched the under 11s play.

The all-girl group the Spazzys started to play, but were told to stop as no one was watchingthe kids game on the ground. When they eventually got to play I thought they were very good. The highlight of their set was when one of them broke a string and they had a roadie try and fix it while she was still playing. Three young girls also had a go at singing until they got too embarrassed from everyone watching them.

Before the game started I went and bought a Sacred Heart Mission t-shirt to break a note. I ended on putting it on over my other t-shirt so I wouldn't have to carry it around all day.

The main match of the day was the Rockdogs (musicians & pub staff) verus the Megahertz (RRR & PBS radio station staff). Special guests where KISS as field umpires (or at least people with KISS makeup.)

Special mention must go to the 20 metre "girl only zone" as well as the usual 50 meters. The Spazzys dominated this zone during play. There was also a lot of "girl on girl action" as the commentators Tony Biggs, Leapin' Larry L and Francis Leach put it.

The Megahertz seemed to play a lot better this year as the Rockdogs would have all been working last night and hungover. It also helped they had Glenn Manton from the Carlton Football Club as coach.

As usual there was an all-in brawl at the end of the first quarter. It was really just in fun though. There was no streaker today, but there were plenty of dogs on the ground to make up for it which is always entertaining.

The Cassanovas rocked on at half time and some people thought out loud that they should be the half time entertainment at this years AFL Grand Final.

After the game there was the usual presentation of the trophy, speeches by Jason Evo Evans and the acting CEO of the Sacred Heart Mission. As it was getting dark they got the auction going with the two game balls going for $150. The biggest item was Jason McCartney's game jumper which ended up going for $1150.

I had an even better time this year as there were a lot more people I knew there, partly because it was in St Kilda and also that I now more people in the Melbourne pub music scene now. Next year I will bring more money though so I can get properly drunk.

Saturday was hot. i walked down to the supermarket in Camden in khaki shorts and sandals. I got a bit of kick out of this, as this is Camden, gothland. As I walked in to the supermarket had a Harry potter book thrust at me. Oh, it's that day. It looked thick enough to stun an ox. I don't dislike Harry Potter, but really, it's not that good. I fended them off, and was offered a second one with my shopping basket. On the way back, the bookshop that I passed had a big window display of them. No wonder those books sell so many copies – you have to beat them off with a stick to avoid buying it.

It is midsummer. So soon, the unfolding peaks. It won't get any better than this. And then it ebbs. It's downhill from here.

In the evening, a housewarming in Golders green. I dressed in black, knowing that I would fit in like that. A- was waving around the new Marilyn Manson CD "The Golden age of the grotesque", praising it by saying that it was very gothic. I asked if it was any good. I made the mistake of asking if it had any good tunes. Part of what I like about Antichrist Superstar is the strong melodies. I'm no fan of pop jingles, though I was taken for one right then. What I meant was that I've grown well bored with "people yelling about how much they hate their parents" to a backing of inept unoriginal musicianship. If I want noise I'll listen to Merzbow. My mix CDs seemed to be well received though, even though they don't fit that paradigm.

Later we got a Cab to slimelight, which is a club. It was OK for a while, having eardrums pounded by a sound system better suited to shaking gravel, in a dingy room, with air so thick that you could sell it as soup if it wasn't for food safety standards.

So I got bored and around 4am walked home. Slimelight is at the Angel, Islington. I used the map to orient myself on the way to King's Cross. From there I knew the way to Euston, and on to Mornington Crescent. By this time the sky was growing light. I stayed up a bit more, to eat and drink some water (and an asprin). I catboxed a bit (yay new broadband! telewest is tha man!)

Sunday is also warm, but overcast and muggy. It has rained while I slept.

I am starting to prepare for Glastonbury next weekend. I need a big rucksack to hold the tent, sleeping bag, clothes, juggling balls, etc. Any ideas on where in London to get a decent quality 60 liter or more rucksac at a decent price?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.