Transcript of my real, honest to blog craigslist profile I just uploaded.

ABSTRACT

I'm trying really hard to make it seem as if I'm not trying.

THESIS

I am one of those really funny, intelligent guys that has been in College Station for far too long. I am looking to finish my degree (B.S in Psychology) and get the hell out of here. But while I'm here, why not make the most of it?

I wake up early every morning. I really, honestly think I could make it as a writer. I have a fairly high working vocabulary, and I read as much as time permits. I'm not saying I'm smarter than you, I'm just saying: be prepared. My ex-boyfriend used to call me Brenda, which is a Six Feet Under reference.

If you didn't have to Wikipedia that, you are in the pro column.

I think In The Aeroplane Over the Sea is just about as close to a perfect album as one can get. I have nothing bad to say about Wes Anderson. If I could be a 60 foot tall mechanized Jorge Luis Borges with lasers and labyrinth-weaving action, I would rule the world.

I am studying Russian. I can (if need be) tell you that things are chairs, tables, pens, pencils, windows, or floors. "Eta stule? Nyet, eta ne stule, eta karandash!" Useful, right? I mean, who hasn't had the "That's not a chair, that's a pencil" conversation with grandma?

She's getting old.

When people ask, I tell them I am a Buddhist. I am so enlightened that I have progressed past a state of needing to know anything about a religion to profess to follow it. Want proof? Ask me anything about Buddhism. I know nothing. Then again, I don't know anything about the Vietnam War, but I'm sure as hell out there shaking my cup every day. Sitting on your legs all day is a bitch.

Perhaps I've said too much.

EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN

A man, a plan, a shotgun, nugt oh s anal panama!

CONCLUSIONS

E-mail me, and maybe we'll become great friends or lovers or whathaveyou.

Our family is in the process of moving from one side of the Atlantic to the other, as a result of which we are very frequently thousands of miles apart. Now is one such time.

Last night an email from my mother popped into my inbox, which I only read this afternoon. Apparently my father had a stroke very early yesterday morning and is numb down one side of his body. He's had a history of this, and usually it has cleared within minutes, but this one hasn't. He'll be in and out of hospital while they do more scans.

My family only left a few weeks ago, and I'll be following on in a few more. It seems rather cruel that this should happen in the relatively short time we are out of each other's reach.


Update: According to a recent telephone call from my mother, he has no motor impairment, although one side of his body is tingly. So hopefully it isn't too serious.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.