Television's often times not-so-loved Judge Judy was born in Brooklyn, New York on October 21, 1942.

Young Judith Blum's father impressed upon her that a bright intellect, a curious mind and a passion for learning are priceless commodities. He also gave her a piece of advice about beauty that stayed with her. "Beauty fades, he said, but dumb? Dumb is forever."

She attended New York Law School and graduated first in her class in 1965.

Years later, "Beauty Fades, Dumb is Forever" would be the title of a book written by the sharp-tongued TV judge. The book presents Judge Judy's ten hard and true lessons for happiness.

It followed "Don't Pee on My Leg and Tell Me it's Raining," a brutally honest criticism of the family court system.

In "You're Smarter than You Look" Judy counsels couples on what they need to know about the law.

When a relationship falls apart, at least one of the parties involved feels empty emotionally. Readers are given some simple rules to avoid leaving the relationship with empty pockets as well.

Judy Sheindlin has been married a total of three times. She and her first husband, Ronald Levy, were married in 1964 and divorced in 1976.

Judy and current husband, Jerry Sheindlin, have been married twice. The first time was in 1977. They were divorced in 1990 and remarried in 1991.

Jerry presided over The People's Court from 1998 until 2001. Judge Marilyn Milian replaced him.

A less well-known fact about the Sheindlins is that former New York Mayor, Ed Koch, appointed both to benches in New York. Koch appointed Judy to Family Court in 1982, and Jerry to Criminal Court in 1983.

The Sheindlins performed the marriage ceremonies for all four of their married children.

The show that made Judy Sheindlin famous debuted in 1996 and is still going strong.


More books by Judge Judy can be found at http://www.amazon.com
Sources: "Don't Pee on My Leg and Tell Me it's Raining,"
http://www.findarticles.com/PI/index.jhtml
http://www.amiannoyingornot.com/
http://www.eonline.com/

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.