Republican Senator from New Hampshire

Senator Gregg was born in Nashua on February 14, 1947. He was educated in Nashua public schools, Phillips Exeter Academy (1965), and Columbia University (A.B., 1969). He graduated from Boston University Law School in 1972. Upon graduating from law school, Senator Gregg returned to Nashua and became a partner in the law firm of Sullivan, Gregg and Horton.

Senator Gregg is married to Kathleen MacLellan. They have two daughters, Molly and Sarah, and a son, Joshua. The Senator and his family are residents of Rye, New Hampshire.

Gregg is in his second terms as United States Senator. Before that he served at two terms as Governor of New Hampshire, 1989-1993; four terms as United States Representative for New Hampshire's Second Congressional District, 1981-1989; and one term as Executive Councilor for New Hampshire's District 5, 1979-1981. Gregg serves on many key taskforces related to Social Security problem: Co-chair of National Commission on Retirement Policy, Co-Chair of the Senate Republican Task Force on Social Security, and Chairman of the Senate Budget Committee Task Force on Social Security.

His Committees:

His website and contact info is at www.senate.gov/~gregg

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.