An American rock star and actor, Jon is the lead singer of Bon Jovi, and has also appeared on television shows such as Ally McBeal and Sex and the City and in movies such as Pay It Forward and U-571.

He was born as John Francis Bongiovi on March 2, 1962 and grew up in Sayreville, New Jersey. He has had three children with his wife Dorothea Hurley since their marriage in 1989.

Aside from the Bon Jovi discography, Jon's solo albums are Destination Anywhere (1997) and Blaze of Glory (1990). After enjoying worldwide success in the 1980s, Jon's fame as has diminished, but survived with the help of his acting.

His sound is a mix between the profound rock music of Bruce Springsteen and the glam metal of Cinderella (two other NJ bands). While not ready to play King Lear, his casual acting style makes him at least as watchable as Madonna or Sinatra.

Sources:
http://imdb.com/Name?Bon+Jovi,+Jon
http://www.bonjovi.com/
Who's who in America 2002 (Chicago: Marquis Who's Who), vol. 1 p. 511.


Roninspoon has pointed out some trivia: Jon's first recorded performance was on the 1978 Star Wars Christmas album, Christmas in the Stars, singing What Do You Get a Wookie for Christmas.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.