American Resophonic guitar virtuoso. He plays guitar and lap steel, but is best known as a dobro player.

As a session musician, solo artist, and band member, he's done over 1000 songs. If you've heard the radio in the 1980s or 1990s, you've probably heard him. (Assuming you listen to a station that would play Ray Charles, Reba McEntire, Randy Travis, Alison Krauss, Garth Brooks, James Taylor, T-Bone Burnett, Ricky Skaggs, Paul Simon, Bruce Hornsby, Tim O'Brien, Maura O'Connell, Leo Kottke, Lyle Lovett, Bill Frissel, Trisha Yearwood, Steve Earle, Rosanne Cash, or Bela Fleck) His nickname is Flux, for his fluid, effortless playing.

Born May 28, 1956, in Warren, Ohio. Jerry started playing with his father's group, the West Virginia Travelers, from the time he was 15 until he joined the Country Gentlemen in 1973. In 1975, he left to join J.D. Crowe's band, and that same year he formed Boone Creek with Ricky Skaggs. His solo debut album was Fluxology on Rounder Records in 1979. Jerry joined the Whites in 1983 and played with them for six years. He's won 6 Grammys for producing and performing, has 15 trophies from the International Bluegrass Music Association, and 7 Academy of Country Music Awards for best instrumentalist.

Dobro has released a Jerry Douglas Signature Edition.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.