A few notes on Jeepers Creepers - The movie.

Director / writer: Victor Salva (Rites of Passage, Power, Nature of the Beast, Clown house)
Producer: Francis Ford Coppola's American Zoetrope studio
Starring: Gina Philips (Nailed, Telling You, Bella Mafia), Justin Long (Happy Campers, Galaxy Quest), Patricia Belcher (Lawnmower man 2, Eye for an Eye, Species, Clear and Present Danger, Flatliners) and Eileen Brennan ( too many to mention, but nothing really famous)
Production year: 2001

There was a Jeepers Creepers movie in 1939 as well, but that has no connection with this one.

 

Some sort or review

Jeepers Creepers - what kind of a title is that? Well, you probably will have heard the song… Jeepers Creepers, Where'd you get those peepers? Jeepers Creepers, where'd you get those eyes? The title and the lyrics of the song are a dead giveaway to what the movie will be about, and that's where the movie's first problem enters the picture. The song just isn't scary!

The movie itself, however, is. I'm not generally the kind of person who likes scary movies. (well Scary Movie was fun, but that's an entirely different story) This one was something else though.

Jeepers Creepers starts off when two college students, Darius (Justin Long) and his sister Trish (Gina Philips) leave college to go home - they drive on a desolate highway, and are attacked by a truck. Next, they see a guy dropping some sheets down a pipe. Roped sheets. Blood-stained, roped sheets. Of course, they decide to go back and have a look. (bad move.. Bad bad move)

Ever read something by Stephen King? You know.. Passages that make you wish that you could read faster, so it would just be over faster? Well.. That's what Jeepers Creepers is all about.. It will not go faster, and you are just caught in your terror.

From here, it all just gets scarier and scarier.. Until a certain point just about half through the movie.. If you really want the best experience of this movie, leave after about an hour, when a police car is attacked. Just pick up your stuff, and try to crawl your way home without being scared. Why? Because the last part of the movie (excuse my French) sucks ass. From the mentioned point, it changes from being a scary movie (and a damn good one) to being a half-assed attempt at being some sort of a monster movie.

But I know you noders.. You will not leave half way through a movie.. You will stay and watch the whole thing. And be disappointed. Don't tell me I didn't warn you.

In any case.. The verdict:
1st half of the movie: 5 / 6

2nd half of the move: 1 / 6

Overall verdict: 2.5 / 6

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.