In the Star Wars universe, a warrior elite under the Old Republic. They used The Force (a Tao-like universal energy field) and Lightsabers to defend the Republic and keep order and peace. Not unlike the Samurai. There are also Dark Jedi, who choose to use the Force for personal gain and power instead of the Greater Good. The only Jedi in episodes 4-6 are Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine and Luke Skywalker.

Jedi



Pour the milk into a chilled drinkng glass. Add the Blue Curacao and the Creme de Cacao simultaneously. Stir briefly, then add one ice cube and serve.

Taken from the Japanese "jidai geki" which is used to refer to samurai films.

Jedi is apparently about to be recognised as an official religion in Great Britain.

The British government are currently conducting a census. Some email writing wag found out that if 10,000 people put themselves down as Jedi then the government will be forced to recognise it as an official religion. Here is the text of the original email -

Pass this on.

As some of you may know there is a census coming around on April the 7th (UK Only). For those who don't know, a census is where the government collates general information about its residents (number of people living in your house, religion, etc) If there are enough people, who put down a religion that isn't mentioned on the census form it becomes a fully recognised and legal religion. It usually takes about 10,000 people to nominate the same religion. It is for this reason that it has been suggested that anyone who does not have a dominant religion to put "Jedi" as their religion.

Send this on to all your friends and tell them to put down "Jedi" on their census form.

And remember ......If you are a member of the Jedi religion then you are by default a 'Jedi Knight'. So if this has been your dream since you were 4 years old.... do it because you love Star Wars, If not........... then just do it to annoy people.

"May the Force be with you!"

You may scoff at such a simplistic idea, but we must not underestimate the power of this email. Only today I visited my aunt and uncle's house where I discovered that with the blessing of my very sensible uncle, the entire family had put themselves down as Jedi.

While it is highly unlikely that the government here will recognise Jedi as an official religion, their computers will undoubtedly register huge numbers of Jedi resident in Great Britain. If nothing else, this is bound to make a great story for the media here and will make a mockery of the threat of a £1000 fine for providing false information on a census form.

And it's always good to know that folk are willing to display such a healthy disrespect for authority.

The letters J-E-D-I on a telephone keypad are mapped to the numbers "5", "3", "3" and "4" respectively. This is significant because the number "5334" is the result of averaging all of the four-digit prime numbers.

One might also note that the number "4335" on a telephone keypad spells G-E-E-K. Thus proving that the jedi are just backwards geeks (or vice versa). It is also interesting to note that when the two numbers are added together, we get the palindrome 9669, which maps to "ymmy" on the keypad. Because this is such an obvious abbreviation for "yummy" we can determine that a dish of geeks flavored with jedi would make a tasty treat.

Based on this evidence, can we determine if George Lucas is a mathematician, a nerd or a cannibal?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.