The Jedi High Council consists of 12 highly skilled Jedi.

Five of these have devoted their entire lives to the service of the galaxy with the council. Four are long-term members but they are not necessarily permanent and three are members who may only sit for specified amounts of time.

The council usually meet in the council chamber which is situated on the top of the central spire of the Jedi temple on Coruscant.

The twelve members of the high council at the time of the “Phantom Menace” are:

Ki-Adi-Mundi

Ki-Adi-Mundi is the newest member of the jedi council.

His homeworld Cerea is living paradise which is as of yet largely unspoiled by technology.

Although Ki-Adi-Mundi chose to leave Cerea to serve the galaxy he is immensely fond of his home planet and his coat and cuffs are adapted from ancient traditional Cerean costume.

The dome in his skull holds a second heart which supplies blood to his extremely large and complex binary brains.

Saesee Tiin

Saesee Tinn is a member of the Jedi council from the planet Iktotchon.

He has great telepathic capabilities and his mind operates best and very high speeds. Consequently he is a great pilot.

Iktotchi are similar to humans in build but their outward appearance is very different. They have large downward pointing horns protruding from the sides of their faces and the very high winds on their home planet have caused them to develop very thick and tough layers of skin on their extremities, especially their heads because they do not grow hair.

Yaddle

Yaddle is a female member of Yoda’s species. Although she comparatively young at only 477 years of age.

Yaddle looks up to Yoda and the rest of the council. She is quiet and patient but when she does speak her opinions are clear concise and well thought out.

Even Piell

Jedi Master Even Piell is a lanik member of the Jedi council.

He has large delicate ears specifically adapted for use in very thin atmospheres.

Even Piell wears his hair in a traditional Jedi topknot.

Although he is shorter than most he is not to be underestimated. Making that mistake proved fatal for a band of terrorists and in the ensuing battle Even lost his left eye and his face was permanently scarred.

Oppo Rancisis

Originally a king of Thisspias Oppo Rancisis laid down his kingship in order to become a member of the Jedi ranks on Coruscant.

Like all Jedi he prefers diplomacy to war but when all else fails he is a shrewd military tactician who provides the council with devastatingly effective battle plans.

His dense facial hair is typical of his species and is a natural defence against the many parasitic insects of his native planet.

Yarael Poof

Yarael Poof is a quermian member of the Jedi council.

He specializes in Jedi mind tricks and often uses his considerable skill in this field to bring violent conflicts to abrupt ends.

Quermians

Quermians typically live on planets with dense vegetation and have developed long flexible necks for looking over the tops of low shrub forests.

They have small heads and no noses, they smell using organs on their hands.

They have 4 arms and 2 brains: one in their skulls and one in their chests.

Eeth Koth

Eeth Koth is an Iridonian Zabrak and his horns mark him out as such.

He his home world is an immensely inhospitable planet and as a result of this his entire species have developed incredible mental discipline which helps them endure great physical pain and suffering.

Depa Billaba

In order to Honour her dead parents Depa Billaba adopted their traditional Chalactan culture.

She is a very logically minded Jedi who’s perspective is always ordered and impartial. She acts as a source of stability amidst the variety of the council.

Adi Gallia

Adi Gallia is a member of an upper class diplomatic family on Coruscant.

She is intelligent and has a knack for sensing peoples motives and emotions. This talent along with her many social contacts makes her the councils most formidable intelligence agents.

Plo Koon

Plo Koon is a Dorindian Kel Dor with very highly developed senses. Complex extrasensory organs protrude from his face while his eyes and nostrils are so delicate that he must use special a visor and respirator to protect them from Coruscant’s Oxygen rich atmosphere.

Mace Windu

Mace Windu is a senior member of the Jedi Council.

Renowned for his power and self-sacrifice he is always prepared to risk his own life but is reluctant to lead his friends into danger. He is a famous diplomat but he is also a formidable fighting force. His purple lightsaber is unusual in that it has an adjustable blade length.(It is rumoured that master Yoda aided him in its construction.)

Yoda

Yoda is the oldest member of the Jedi Council.

Almost 900 years old Yoda has seen a huge amount and his vast and varied experience has made wise and cautious. He is peace loving but also an excellent swordsman and he is widely regarded as one of the greatest Jedi ever.

Yoda’s famous gimer stick does not only help him to walk, when chewed it releases natural chemicals that aid meditation.

Bibliography

Star Wars Episode 1: The Visual Dictionary (No direct quotations)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.