The definitive answer here is, Je t'aime means "I love you" in French. So does "je t'adore". But no one says that. If you are in love with someone you say "Je t'aime".

When I was in France a fellow American made this mistake. She was trying to dump a guy and be nice, so she wrote him a note that said, "Je t'aime, mais(but)..." So they guy freaked out and started hassling her, because he thought some girl had just declared her undying love for him.

It weird, I know, but If you love someone, say "Je t'aime". If you like just like them, say something else.
This is also what makes Cyrano de Bergerac better in French than in English. The main point I'm making is that Christian, when confronted with Roxanne, can only say the words "I love you." In English, it sounds feeble, but in French, where "Je t'aime" is only two syllables, it's downright pathetic. Here you are, presented with the woman who you're truly, madly, and deeply in love with, and all you can say is two lousy syllables.

To that I say, "Ha!"

Oh yeah, and 'je t'adore' means "I adore", or "I'm crazy about." When you're talking about food, I think je t'adore is stronger than je t'aime, but... I don't really know, so I'm going to hush.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.