Car salesman from Dallas, Tx, who on November 22, 1963 became the unwitting cause of a great many headaches.

Tague had not initially intended to watch President Kennedy's procession through Dallas, but was caught in traffic just outside Dealey Plaza on his way to a lunch date with his fiancée; and so was standing underneath the Triple Underpass at the time of the assassination. During the time that shots were being fired, Tague felt a sting on his cheek, and a patrol officer taking witness statements shortly afterward noticed blood there. It was eventually determined that he had probably been hit by a piece of shrapnel thrown up when a bullet ricocheted from the pavement about 15 feet from where he was standing.

The Warren Report, written by the commission set up to investigate the events of Nov. 22, found that three bullets had been fired: one missed the motorcade completely and was the probable cause of Tague's injury, one was the fatal head shot which killed the President, and one - the so-called "Magic Bullet" - caused all seven of the remaining wounds to the President and Texas Gov. John Connally. However, close examination of the Zapruder film in conjunction with the testimony given by both Tague and the Governor to the Warren Commission paints a different picture.

Note: the notation ZXXX used below refers to frame XXX of the Zapruder film.

The film shows that the wound to the Governor's chest - one of those caused by the "magic bullet" - was sustained about Z223/224. Connally's testimony implies that this wound was caused by the second bullet to be fired, making the first bullet the miss. However, allowing for the two-and-a-bit seconds which it takes to cycle the bolt on the rifle supposedly used by Lee Harvey Oswald, this first shot cannot have occurred any later than about Z180. In order for a shot fired at this time to have caused the Tague wounding, it would have had to miss the Presidential limousine by a mile, not to mention the fact that at this time the view of the car from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository would have been obscured by the foliage of the evergreen oaks that stand in front of the building, and as so it is highly unlikely that a gunman standing there would have fired a shot at this time anyway.

It is therefore highly unlikely that the first shot heard by Connally was the one responsible for the injury to Tague. Couple this with Tague's own statement that he heard at least one shot before the one which caused his injury, and we have a problem.

Numerous theories have been put forward as to how the evidence surrounding the wounding of James Tague can be reconciled with the findings of the Warren Report, but most of them utterly fail to hold water. In the opinion of many researchers, this is some of the best evidence - better even than the supposedly bizarre trajectory of the "magic bullet", which (as I have explained in my writeup under Magic Bullet Theory) is really not all that bizarre - that a fourth shot was fired that day in Dealey Plaza; and due to the timing problems associated with cycling the bolt on Oswald's rifle, the presence of a fourth shot almost certainly implies the presence of a second gunman.


Tague's WC Testimony: http://www.jfk-assassination.de/WCH/tague.html
Connally's WC Testimony: http://www.jfk-assassination.de/WCH/connally_j.html
The Wounding of James Tague: Evidence for a Second Gunman in the JFK Assassination: http://ourworld-top.cs.com/mikegriffith1/id82.htm

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.