WARNING! THAT'S NO LADY, THAT'S A SPOILER! TO THE MOON, ALICE!


Title: Crisis Times Five, Part III: Worlds Beyond
Release Date: June 1999
Writer: Grant Morrison
Penciller: Howard Porter
Inker: John Dell
JLA Members: Batman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Steel, Huntress, Zauriel, and the Flash.
Guest Stars: Captain Marvel, the Justice Society of America (Sentinel, the Flash (Jay Garrick), Wildcat, and Hippolyta), J. J. Thunder, the Thunderbolt, and Hourman.
Bad Guys: Lkz, Qwsp, Triumph, Gypsy, and the Ray.
Cameos: The Spectre.

So what happens?
Triumph and his mind-controlled minions, Gypsy and the Ray, have taken over the JLA Watchtower, and Triumph effortlessly stomps all over Steel. Luckily, Steel is able to escape by shedding his armor and crawling into the Watchtower's ductwork, working his way slowly toward his workshop...

And aboard the planetoid which imprisons the Spectre, Zauriel and Sentinel realize that time passes much faster for the creatures here. They also realize that they can use their powers to accelerate it even faster, letting millions of years of evolution pass by in minutes, pushing the increasingly-sophisticated creatures closer to their eventual extinction, so the Spectre could be freed...

And in the Fifth Dimension, Green Lantern and Captain Marvel are held prisoner by Qwsp, an old Fifth-Dimensional foe of Aquaman's. Qwsp is behind all the turmoil in the Third Dimension--he started Lkz and the Thunderbolt at each other's throats, and he hopes to reduce the Third Dimension to total chaos. GL and Cap escape into the surreal streets of the Fifth Dimension, but Qwsp drops into the Third Dimension, accosts Huntress, Wildcat, Hippolyta, and J. J. Thunder, and announces his decision to kill one of them. And the two Imps are getting ready to play "chicken" with the Earth and the moon...

With the JLA and the JSA both on the ropes, Triumph plans to return to the Earth, order Lkz to vamoose, take credit for saving the world, and become the new leader of a new JLA. But Batman and Aquaman are getting ready to ambush him...

Back | Index | Forward

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.