WARNING! A WHOLE BUNCHA SPOILERS! SHE'S MY SISTER! SHE'S MY DAUGHTER! SHE'S MY SISTER! SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!


Title: It
Release Date: September 1998
Writer: Grant Morrison
Penciller: Howard Porter
Inker: John Dell
JLA Members: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman (Hippolyta), Green Lantern, the Flash, Aquaman, the Martian Manhunter, and Zauriel.
Guest Stars: The Sandman.
Bad Guys: The Star Conqueror.

So what happens?
Everyone in North America is asleep except for the seven founding members of the JLA, Zauriel (who never sleeps), and the residents of Blue Valley. Any coincidence that most of those people were also involved in the Star Conqueror incident described in "JLA Secret Files and Origins #1"?

Anyway, the Watchtower has another visitor: Daniel, the current Sandman, the King of Dreams. He has come to recruit the JLA's help to rescue the world from the collective dream they are having before the Star Conqueror turns everyone into its mindless slaves. All they have to do is go into the Conqueror's dream and save one child before he loses faith in them. Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern volunteer to make the journey...

Inside the Dreaming, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern find themselves outside a small rural town--without most of their powers. Meanwhile, the little boy, Michael Haney, seems to be the only person who remembers--or almost remembers--that this is a dream. He spends his free time drawing pictures of superheroes, trying to remember who they are. The Conqueror seems to know this, and it sends the police after him to put a green, one-eyed starfish over his face...

Meanwhile, in the real world, Batman dissects the alien starfish the JLA has in its trophy room to learn more about the enemy. And the Martian Manhunter discovers something lurking in the waters of Hudson Bay--a green, one-eyed, continent-sized starfish. There, that's another cliffhanger...

Cool Moments!
Jesus Christ, it's the fucking SANDMAN! Neil Gaiman's SANDMAN! How could that NOT be cool?!? (although, if they coulda used Morpheus, that woulda been even cooler, eh?); Sandman telling Kyle Rayner that he will be a better Green Lantern than Hal Jordan (lotsa cool quotes here, but too many to reproduce, I'm afraid); the first glimpse we get of the giant starfish in Hudson Bay.

Back | Index | Forward

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.