Izzy was the mascot of the 1996 Olympic Games. It was a large blue...thing. It had a large blue body shaped like a torch, with a giant mouth that took up most of the front, and these huge bug eyes on top of it's head. That was the costume, the drawings sometimes looked like a jelly bean to me. Supposedly the name came from a shortening of "What is he?". It was too bad that Jeff Foxworthy replaced Izzy as the Olympic mascot during the games (at least in Atlanta, you couldn't turn on the radio without hearing that redneck olympics song).

Character from the anime series Digimon. Izzy is the computer geek of the group and carries a pineapple laptop with him everywhere. Discovered that information is a living, tangible substance in the digital world, and applied this theory by emailing the group across the continent, but never repeated the trick. Seems to have a special connection with Gennai. He uses the crest of knowledge to help Tentomon, a large, red, cybernetic beetle, digivolve.

His full name is Koushirou Izumi, not Koushiro Izumi. The "u" was inexplicably chopped off by the dubbers in the first episode's character introductions.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.