It is most certainly a trait of our generation. Every few generations you get those unruly, out of place ones that have no idea where they are doing or what the hell is going on. Some of us have become politically active, others play Super Nintendo all day or watch TV while smoking weed and intermittantly masturbating to cheesy Skinemax softcore B-porn flicks. The children of our generation will undoubtedly be anal retentive, singleminded and conservative in an effort to cheese us--their embarassing wacko-liberal parents--off.
My best advice is to try not to expect too much, because when you place high expectations on your life and on yourself you must be prepared for disappointment. I can't say that I am rich, but I can say that I am a lot happier than most people that I know and I doubt that it is coincidence.
Keep this in mind: Yeah, you may be clueless, you may be just winging it, and you may be stumbling through life, but guess what? So is everybody else. Dismiss the assumption that growing up means knowing exactly what to do in any given situation. Life just doesn't work that way.

I grew up with that assumption, and when I was in my early 20's, all it did was cause me stress, particularly since everyone else around me seemed so together. It turns out I was just comparing my insides to other people's outsides.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.