Injected With A Poison - Released by Praga Khan in 1992 on Beatbox Records (Catalog No: BB 034) and Profile Records (Catalog No: PROFT 347).

A MindfUck.


On the surface this album appears very ordinary. Sometimes I realize it is, then - start hating, and stop listening, to it. Days go by; weeks mostly; months sometimes. Then it starts - the craving. Trembling hands search for the play button, and as the first of the waves vibrate my eardrums - I'm hooked again. And this has been going on for 5 years. You could call me a junkie maam, but it is virtual heroin. 5 tracks rule. The rest are ignorable, if such a word existed. Lets go through them one by one. And no, glow sticks are not necessary to enjoy this one.

Disclaimer : Reading about music is like dancing about sculpture. Just ignore what I have to say, buy/download this album, & start listening to it. Increase the volume. play some freecell. then listen. go pee. then listen. make some coffee. then listen. drink it. then listen.
Some of you will hate it, and curse me. Some of you will love it, and thank me.



City of Thousand Sins
Think William Gibson's Neuromancer. Alienation. Cheap Thrills. Rush of Blood. 2097 AD.

And here am I
A Fake Grin On My Face
Madness In My Eyes
City Lights,
A Million Miles Away From You Tonight

City Of A Thousand Sins
Neon Lights Of Pain
City Of A Thousand Sins


No Sense at All
Hard 4x4 with a heartbeat bpm bass arpeggio overlaid on a Rob Hubbard style hoover. Wildy distorted dangerously feedbacked glitchy oscillators. Neverending, strangely muffled screaming.

Your Silly Life Makes No Sense At All
Your Silly Life Makes No Sense At All
Although You Think You're A Superstar


Your Silly Life Makes No Sense At All
Your Silly Life Makes No Sense At All
Although You Think You're A Superstar


Your Bullshit Talk Makes No Sense At All
Your Bullshit Talk Makes No Sense At All
Although You Think That You Know It All


Your Bullshit Talk Makes No Sense At All
Your Bullshit Talk Makes No Sense At All
Although You Think That You Know It All


Phantasia Forever
The cheesy trancey vocals are what strike you first. But listen behind them to find the goodies. Hear those killer cyclic riffs, especially the droning siren. The butthole surfers would have loved this one.


Breakfast Khan
Probably the track that'll get you hooked on. rockstaresque lyrics are the highlight.

I smell your sweat on my skin
Breakfast in vegas on cocaine and gin


Love You Still
Standard grater synthesizers. 4x4 beat. Still listenable - if only for the fact that it's rare to find a EBM track with a guy crooning love ballady style lyrics.


Honorable mentions must be given to Rave Alert (I'm raving, going crazy, I'm raving : the chick does sound like she is) and Injected with a Poison (was hugely popular in the rave circuit, for obvious reasons - was in the UK charts for six weeks and number one in the top 10 Billboard Dance chart in Japan) and Moonday (ra-ra-re-roo-ooo-ooohhh). The rest of the album is, as I said, ignorable.

For those of you who need every bit of bass while writing those wicked lines of code, this one is an absolute addition to you EBM arsenal (Geez, now I'm starting to sound like one of those MTV marketing droids).

And oh, kids, remember - You don't need the pills to feel the funk.

offical website : http://www.pragakhan.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.