An extremely, extremely annoying character in the Baldur's Gate RPG. She's a good thief and you can dual class her to specialist mage later on, so some people are willing to put up with her annoying voice and sayings for the entire game. I, on the other hand, am not.

Her most intelligent remark is, "You're all boffleheaded!"
The best character in my team in Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn RPG.

Best because she can eventually learn level 8 mage spells while all others (in my team) can learn at most level 6 mage spells.
Imoen is also level 7 thief and she can find and remove traps. However she can only open easy locks with thief skills, so she must memorize lockpicking spells for harder locks. She can't set any traps, but who needs them anyway when you can use delayed blast fireballs and symbols of death, fear and stun.

Baldur's Gate II character who was also with you in the original Baldur's Gate. The quest to rescue Imoen takes up the first half of the game and by the time you rescue her all of your other party members will be much more powerful than she is. Nonetheless, Imoen is a vital aspect of the plot and should be taken into your party anyway - she has much to reveal to you about your true nature.

Perhaps most importantly, Imoen has been made vastly less annoying than she was in Baldur's Gate. Also, her thief skills are all you will ever need out of any thief in the game, so her relative weakness as a mage when you get her back is offset by the fact that she fulfills two roles in the party.

Imoen will also never desert you know matter how terrible of a bastard you are. You can kill all the townspeople you desire and she'll still stand faithfully by your side.


Stats:
Strength: 9
Dexterity: 18
Constitution: 16
Intelligence: 17
Wisdom: 11
Charisma: 16

Race: Human
Class: Dual Classed Thief (until 7th level)/Mage
Alignment: Neutral Good

In addition to what's been mentioned in the above write-ups, Imoen (whom I, personally, don't find annoying unlike quite a few Baldur's Gate players) is the player character's only childhood friend and the first non-player character that can join your party in both Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.

Imoen is about the same age as the player character (around 20 years old when the first game begins). On her avatar she has pink hair, though her character portrait's hair in the first game is more a shade of red (and not a light one that could be easily confused for pink). Her default clothing colours in the first game (which could be changed by the player at any time once she entered the party in all Baldur's Gate games) were both pink. In Baldur's Gate II, her default colours were black and yellow. I've been unable to find out which voice actor plays her part for the games at this time.

Both Imoen and the player character were orphans raised by a Harper and powerful spellcaster, Gorion, in the library fortress of Candlekeep (a place where children are very rare) in the Dungeons & Dragons world of the Forgotten Realms. They share another significant similarity as well...

Warning: The following text contains spoilers about the storylie to Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.

Both the player character and Imoen are Bhaalspawn: They are both the result of Bhaal, the dead god of murder, fathering as many children as he could with various species throughout the Realms after forseeing his own death coming during the Time of Troubles. Due to Imoen's light-hearted and good nature, the evil pull of Bhaal within all Bhaalspawn (that fights internally with the player character throughout the games and turns many Bhaalspawn chaotic evil) doesn't affect her until Jon Irenicus brings it out by creating a dark place in her mind through torturing her and showing her murder. Imoen is the player character's half-sister, though neither of them are aware of this until about halfway through Baldur's Gate II.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.