A movie made in 1999, directed by Rodman Flender, written by Terri Hughes and Ron Milbauer, starring Devon Sawa as Anton, Seth Green as Mick, Jessica Alba as Molly, and Vivica A. Fox as Debi.

It is a horror-comedy about a boy whose hand gets possessed and causes him to do some bad things.

While it has gotten many bad reviews, I thought it was funny. 2.5/4.0 since this writeup I have seen the movie a few more times and ended up buying it, I up my review to 3.0/4.0

Very funny parody of the horror genre. Like Scream but more to the comedy side].
Features the lovely Jessica Alba as an actually 17 year old played by a 17 year old.
Also has the very cool Seth Green from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
See left post for main plot.
Has some fairly extensive drug(pot) use. The moral is to switch hands when using the remote so that neither hand is idle enough to be possesed.

Perhaps you've heard the proverb "Idle hands are the devil's playground." I have also heard that it's within an idle mind, and not hands, that El Diablo finds his jungle gym. Another variation is "The Devil finds work for idle hands to do." In Bartleby's, the closest thing I found to an official quote was in a verse by Isaac Watts (1674 - 1748). The relevent lines follow:

For Satan finds some mischief still
For idle hands to do.

Isaac Watts, Divine Songs. Song xx.

It's not hard to divine the meaning of this proverb. To me it is related to the Protestant Work Ethic. Not that you can work your way into heaven, for John Calvin clearly did not believe that. He believed in predestination. You were either chosen or condemned, and no amount of faith or work, or sin for that matter, could reverse it. But if one dedicated oneself to an ascetic life of tireless service and good works, wouldn't it be obvious that you were one of the chosen? It is rather common these days to misinterpret the Protestant Work Ethic as working oneself to death to get into heaven. Or, alternately, if you keep busy, you won't have time to sin. However the term is used or interpreted, the result is the same, all work and no play makes novasoy a good Christian. So I had better get back to work and stop noding!

Sources:
bartleby.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.