I don't want to be alone.
No one does, but it happens. We find people that we love, we try to love them, and they just won't or can't give anything back. And when that happens, it hurts. It's not an outright rejection, it's worse. It burns into you, it's the grim spectre of Death reaching deep into your chest and crushing the life out of your heart. The pain is something that I would not wish upon my worst enemy, but it is something that I have just gone through. And in the end, it all boils down to one stupid, but hopelesly unavoidable thing: falling in love with your best friend.

We cannot choose who we fall in love with, Fate has sorted this out for us. We have no say in the matter, we have to simply accept the hand it deals us, no matter how bad it may look, and we have to somehow try and make it work. However, for me, like many others who fall in love with their best friends, it rarely works, and in cases like this, you just don't want to accept what is happening to you, you can't imagine a world where what you want most in the world, the one thing that would make your life complete, cannot be yours.

Some people believe that there are people who are just destined to be alone. Some of them might choose such a path, some of them don't, but they will be alone for the rest of their lives.

I'm not sure if I believe this or not, but I hope that it isn't true. Because if it is true, then I'm one of those people.

No one touches me.

I don't think that anyone wants to be lonely, but it seems as if some of us don't have a choice.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.