Also the abbreviation for Illuminati University, a strange and wonderful place players of Steve Jackson Games' GURPS--or any high-weirdness RPG--might role-play within. A college campus on an interdimensional crossroads, IOU is home to creatures from all universes, from BEM's to WASPs. Here one might take classes in the School of Anti-Social Sciences, play moopsball, or join the Lycanthropes Club. And no matter what, The ArchDean always gets ten percent. Your ultimate goal is to bring money into the University. Second would be survival; second, because it's not such a big deal if you fail to survive--resurrection is the most frequently performed medical procedure on campus. Third priority would be to actually learn something, but if your doing so could raise the ArchDean's stock values, then it might rank higher.

And in case you were wondering about that "O"...

You're not cleared for that.

I O U (?). [i. e., I owe you.]

A paper having on it these letters, with a sum named, and duly signed; -- in use in England as an acknowledgment of a debt, and taken as evidence thereof, but not amounting to a promissory note; a due bill.

Wharton. Story.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.