I had to call 911 again.

My neighbor is a middle aged woman with a daughter who is 22 or so. The woman (I'll call her Betty) lets her daughter (I'll call her Mona) live in her apartment. Betty has a boyfriend and is rarely home. Mona has people over at all hours of the day and night.

I don't care what people do in the apartments around me as long as it doesn't affect me. So, I didn't care that Mona brought home different guys on various nights of the week, nor did I care that random people went in and out of the place. Its not my problem - its Betty's problem. I didn't make it my problem until a couple of weeks ago. My daylog on July 28, 2000 sums up the problems with Mona.

I got home from work tonight and sat down at the kitchen table to sort through my mail. Alex was coming over and we were going to dinner, and I expected him at any time. I heard a car pull up, and thought it might be him. Then, I heard some horrible yelling right outside my window. I peeked outside to see a fistfight going on, and I picked up the phone and dialed 911. I told the operator what was going on, and she said that someone else had called it in already, and to call back if weapons were involved.

I went into my bedroom to peek out through the blinds, and then I heard someone yell "He's got a knife!". I picked up the bedroom phone and called 911 again. I gave the operator the license plate number of the SUV that was outside and running, and described the driver. The cops were on their way at that point. The SUV was pulling out, so I told the operator what direction it was going in and hung up.

I was a total wreck at this point because I could still hear yelling next door, and I had no idea if the person with the knife had left or not. Alex was due to arrive any minute, and I could just see him walking into something and getting hurt. I saw his car pull up, and I hovered by the door waiting for him to walk up since I didn't want to open the door. The cops pulled up just then, and Alex came in wondering what was going on.

I pulled him into the house and started crying. I was so happy that he was OK and so totally scared that I couldn't believe it. I haven't felt that scared in a really long time. I calmed down, and we opened up the door again since the cops were still outside. Mona went running up to one of the cop cars and I heard her moaning, "Oh god, my mom's gonna get evicted!".

After the cops left, I called my landlord and left him a message. Then, Alex and I went to dinner. We got back, and my landlord had called back. I called him again and left a clearer message. He came by about a half hour later to talk with Betty and Mona. I hope they get evicted so this place can go back to normal and I can drink a beer on my front step without being harassed by dipshit 19 year old "gangstas".

I don't know what happens now, but I am tired of calling 911. I hope the guys with the knives don't come back tonight.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.