I'm a Southern Baptist. I don't think homosexuals are evil. I think God loves everybody, unconditionally. (I think homosexuality is a sin, but no more so than premarital sex, for example, or any sin that I commit. I don't think God loves me any more than anyone else, and I don't think I'm better than anyone else.) My favorite music genres are punk rock and ska. I've been a geek all my life. Almost all of my friends are liberals (I'm a conservative), and are Atheists, Agnostics, Unitarians, or Wiccans. I don't think Abortion Clinics should be bombed, or have their entrances blocked, although I think Abortion is infanticide. I don't think that all other religions are completely false, but that, in Christ, everything that is true in all religions is perfected and complete (paraphrasing C.S. Lewis). I don't think Christians should be "Bible thumpers", but live their lives as a reflection of the love of Christ, that's the most powerful witness. But I don't think Christians should sit off in some corner and never try to show anybody the love, hope, and peace found in Christ. I don't drink beer, own a gun, fly a Confederate flag, or hate anyone. Some of you may find this hard to believe, but I'm just a guy who has a different opinion than you.

My point in saying all this is to show I'm not the evil monster some people think I am. And that I don't really fit the sterotype (ie: I listen to punk rock, and don't drive a pickup...). Once you look beyond the stereotypes you may find we've got more in common than you think. And that social, political, and religious differences aside, we don't have to treat each other like jerks...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.