Hyperbole and a Half is a webcomic and blog created since 2009 by Allie Brosh. It is the origin of the "clean ALL the things!" meme, along with several other images used frequently in Internet memes. The webcomic is typically done in a format involving multiple Microsoft Paint drawings and captions placed between paragraphs of text, telling stories from the author's childhood and more recent life events.

The series features many recurring characters, such as Allie herself, her pets Simple Dog and Helper Dog, and the ALOT, a large woolly creature designed to mock poor grammar. The series occasionally handles heavier themes than its usual over-the-top slice-of-life humour; the author has used the blog and comic to discuss chronic depression, explaining the experience of depression as it has impacted her life.

The author attests that all the stories told in the blog are factually true events, and that she has only dramatized them in ways which reflect the 'hyperbole' component of the comic's title.

Allie Brosh published a book in 2013, compiling the blog's content and titling it Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened.

Iron Noder Challenge 2014, 25/30

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.