Everyone, at one point, has heard a conspiracy, something that is so unbelievable that your brain starts to believe it just to be different. Usually, these are created by very intelligent people, with very specific training in conspiracy. This node offers limited but invaluable training in discovering conspiracies

Rule number one of conspiracies is that they want to be discovered. This is for one simple reason, they are less believable if they are found out. The sooner somebody discovers a conspiracy, the sooner there is a bad TV show made about them. From there it's a slippery slope to popular culture and urban legend. To this end, 'They' create deliberate yet sometimes discreet clues for fellow conspiracy hunters to follow, some of these will be explained in the relevant sections.

There are three primary types of conspiracy:
Corporation Conspiracy, Event Conspiracy, and Object Conspiracy.

Corporation Conspiracy deals with a company whose existance itself forms a conspiracy. Event conspiracies are typically more popular because of the less discreet way they operate. These companies typically involve themselves in up-to-no-good activities, such as cover-ups, such as those found in Event Conspiracies. The clues these companies leave are the most easy to spot of the three. The most common clue is the name, a company with a suitably conspiratorial name is sure to feature in a hoax sooner or later. Examples of words to look for are logistics and star, there are good reasons for both of these. Logistics matches the criteria for a conspiratorial name perfectly, it is a seemingly innocuous word that the average person would instantly pass over, thinking it obviously meant something important, even if they were not quite sure what. Star is another example, but for another reason entirely. A great deal of conspiracies involve the stars or space in general, a company with the word star in it is calling out to those conspiratorially trained to notice it. Please note that government agencies such as the FBI and NASA are excluded from this. All government agencies are conspiracies in their own right and should not be included.

Next is the more popular Event Conspiracy, this deals with events that are used to bewilder the general public for some nefarious reason or another. These events are usually controlled by a government agency or company. These companies or government agencies are usually referred to as 'Them' or 'They' with special attention played to the capitalisation of 'T' in both instances. An Event Conspiracy is usually a large event, though not always. Things to look out for are large events, especially those with extensive media coverage. Please note, media also fall into their own category of conspiracy. As before, pay close attention to any events concerning stars or space.

The last major category is the Object Conspiracy. This is typically used as a wider net for catching things such as animals and machines that would not fit into another category. These are often the hardest to spot as there is less of a formulaic approach. The best way to look at Object Conspiracies is to consider their normality. Take the ball point pen for example, it is highly improbable that a human being could think of such an object, logically that makes it highly probable that a non-human discovered it. Another good example is the platypus, this is a creature so out of place that, when an explorer tried to write back to his friends in England about it, he was ridiculed and the letter taken as a joke. This reaction is to be expected, who would believe in a creature that's a cross between a beaver and a duck?

Once you have discovered a conspiracy, it is up to you how you present it. Typical methods include alt.conspiracy posts, chain emails and write-ins for X-files episodes.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.