Dr. Seuss picture book and Chuck Jones animated TV special chronicling the Grinch, who hates Christmas and the way his neighbors in Whoville celebrate it, and decides to do something about it. Features "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch."

The classic animated version of Dr. Seuss's How The Grinch Stole Christmas. (notice the exclamation mark in this movie's title, neither the book nor the new Jim Carrey movie have it.) It was originally made for TV and first aired in 1966. It was directed by Chuck Jones. The cast includes Boris Karloff as the voice of the narrator and The Grinch, June Foray as the voice of Cindy Lou Who, and Thurl Ravenscroft as other voices (like singing "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch").

All the Whos down in Whoville are preparing for Christmas. The Grinch lives atop a nearby mountain and has grown weary of listening to their joyous celebrations. So, this year he decides to steal Christmas from Whoville. He gets a sleigh, dresses up like Santa, and puts a reindeer costume on his dog, Max. He hooks the sleigh up to the dog and they head off for town. After the fall of night on Christmas Eve, once all the Whos are asleep The Grinch sneaks into each house and steals all the presents and decorations and even the roast beast. Even after a run in with little Cindy Lou Who the Grinch succeeds in his quest and heads out of town with a sleigh full of Whovillian booty. Then as Christmas Morning breaks while the Grinch is on his mountain he hears the Whos singing. They are still celebrating even though he stole everything. At this he realizes there must be more to this holiday, the sound of the whos' singing causes him to have a change of heart (physically too it grows 5 times bigger). The Grinch returns to Whoville and gives back the presents and the Whos embrace him, letting him join in their celebration.

A wonderful movie. It never really grows old. Some friends of mine and I get together around Christmas each year and watch this and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.