An E2 game similar to degrees of Everything, but more goal-oriented.
- Hit random node. Repeat until you're on a node with at least one soft-link. This brings you to node zero.
- It's your move! Click on any soft-link. This brings you to node 1.
- Continue clicking on soft-links until you hit a node with one of your writeups.
- Your score is the number of the last node.
Your score in the game depends both on your nodeshare AND
your understanding of the lie of Everything2
- My random node is waste treatment plant.
- Smelling a quick end, I click on Star Trek. No, I don't have a writeup there, but...
- Highlights from Star Trek's "Starfleet Ship Design Manual" (chapter 7, "Designing the bridge") -- I wrote that! Click on it, and get a score of 2.
My second game:
- the Grand Banks. See...
- What would Jackie Chan do?. Good node, sure to have loads of soft-links. And YES! Somebody soft-linked...
- focus follows mouse which brings me to...
- sloppy focus.
Score is 3
Of course, since noding
this, my par
has plummeted. Here's my latest round:
- The Obvious Child
- Thank you for not sharing (thinks: must be linked to zillions of things)
- silence is golden (thinks: golden ratio, maybe?)
- Let me get you a nice cold glass of shut the hell up (damn! best come to some node which should be linked to everything)
- Boy meets me, boy becomes infatuated with me, boy realizes I take up space, boy runs like hell. (STILL no luck, but...)
- Why randomnode is not really random (thinks: MUST link to E2 PRNG)
- The Node Linked to All Others (thinks: must link to one of mine...)
Yes, I'd forgotten I had a writeup
there. So I was lucky
to get a score of just 6