"I am Horus, the great Falcon upon the ramparts of the house of him of the hidden name. My flight has reached the horizon. I have passed by the gods of Nut. I have gone further than the gods of old. Even the most ancient bird could not equal my very first flight. I have removed my place beyond the powers of Set, the foe of my father Osiris. No other god could do what I have done."

The Egyptian god Horus, or Heru, appears in two forms: 1) An Old Kingdom god of the Sun and Sky. Probabably derived from an ancient fertility bringing storm god. 2) The Son of Osiris, avenger and bearer of life. As the latter he was associated with the Flood of the Nile, an event coinciding with the rising of Sirius, and a destructive force that reinvigorated and fertilized the land. Horus was thus a god of the lifeforce and its violent transformatory powers. He represents the living energy that arose in the underworld of his father and spread throughout the land of Egypt. For Crowley Horus also channeled the evolutionary forces from the star Sirius and was responsible for bringing the allegedly immanent Aeon of Horus when all dualism would be overcome and complete liberty achieved. This was Horus in a higher octave of invigoration and Earth transformation.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.