Description: Easy-to-make homemade pizza (Pan style, with a thick, chewy crust)

Ingredients:
Crust

Topping

Other suggested toppings

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 deg. F. In a small bowl, combine water, sugar and yeast. Stir well. Let sit until a layer of foam (generally about 1/2 to 1 inch) develops (takes about 5-10 minutes). In a separate, medium-sized bowl, mix together flour and salt. After yeast mixture has risen, add it to the flour mixture, along with the vegetable oil. Mix until dough becomes sticky, then knead it until the dough becomes smooth. Sprinkle flour on a flat surface and flatten the dough on the surface with a rolling pin into the size and shape of the pan to be used. Spray the pan with a non-stick cooking spray or coat with a tablespoon of vegetable oil (unless, of course, it is a non-stick pan to begin with; then it shouldn't matter). Lift one side of the flattened dough and slide the pan underneath it, then top with the tomato sauce and mozzerella cheese. Add other toppings as desired. Bake for 15-17 minutes.

Number Of Servings: About 12, or the equivalent of a large pizza, depending on how small you make the slices.

Preparation Time: About half an hour

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.