Chris Black's Hideous Jabbering Head of Abraham Lincoln website (hideousjabberinghead.com) makes me giggle. I don't know how relevant this is to anything in general, but I really enjoy the advice that the head gives out on his site.

For example, there was this girl that wanted to know whether or not a guy liked her. The head gave her a reply that I'm not sure I'll ever forget.

"Tell him you'd like to give him a dollar. He'll say "yes," but that doesn't mean anything. Who wouldn't like a dollar? The trick is that you tell him the dollar is in your underpants. If he likes you, he'll try to find it. If he really likes you, he won't even be mad that there's no dollar in there at all. Guys aren't that hard to figure out, Adrianne."

To this day, if anyone asks me for relationship advice, I always try to use something that I've gotten from the head, or at least something HJH inspired.

Be advised that when you submitted a letter to the Hideous Jabbering Head of Abraham Lincoln, you were not asking advice of an animated GIF file. You were sending a letter to the preserved head of the 16th President of the United States of America. Rest assured that Honest Abe's experience in the White House, as well as his 135 years of perspective on American culture and history from beyond the grave, most of those with his head detached from his body, give him a hard-won wisdom. Know that his advice, laced with a sense of humor that may seem strange to us modern folk, comes from the... well, whatever passes for a heart in a hideous jabbering head.

Chris Black ended this Web site in 2001, but in 2002, he brought Honest Abe back for a short while.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.