Hershey's is the United States' most well known (and perhaps largest) manufacturer of chocolate and chocolate candy. They are headquartered in Hershey, PA, where they also maintain manufacturing facilities and a theme park for visitors. Their product line ranges from the most basic (Hershey's Milk Chocolate) up through caramels, dark chocolate, nougat (what the hell is nougat?) and wafer candies. The actual corporation is named Hershey's Foods and produces groceries other than chocolate - although I can't imagine why. They also produce non-candy chocolate, like cooking chocolate and hot chocolate mix, as well as a full line of ice cream flavors.

Although not the world's best chocolate, Hershey's is reassuringly consistent in much the same way McDonalds is - you know what you want, and you know what you'll get, no ifs ands or buts. For true chocoholics on the move, the best option at your local sweetshop or newspaper stand is probably the Big Block - solid block bars of chocolate. My favorites are the Hershey's with Almonds and the Mr. Goodbar. Krackel isn't bad either. :-)

Finally, the best way to consume these at the office is probably Hershey's Miniatures - small, individually wrapped portions of the lovely stuff in bright paper and foil.

MMMMmmmmmm.

Hershey had one of the greatest commercial jingles ever, as heard during Saturday morning cartoons in the early 1980s:

Hershey is
Real milk chocolate, I love that Hershey bar
Hershey is
That something special no matter where you are
Anytime you want delicious chocolate
There's no need to go looking very far
("Hershey's great!")
'Cause Hershey is the great American, great American chocolate bar.

There was a longer alternate version of the song that I heard on a web page a while back; I'm not sure where, or even if, it was used.

Hershey is
The taste of chocolate that's always lots of fun
Hershey is
The name for chocolate that's known to everyone
Even if you cross the wide world over
It really doesn't matter where you are
You're at home 'cause Hershey is
The great American chocolate bar
Hershey is
Hershey is
The face of kids like you've never seen before
Hershey is
That great big smile when they find out you've got more
Even if you cross the wide world over
It really doesn't matter where you are
You're at home 'cause Hershey is
The great American, great American chocolate bar
Hershey is

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.