Like so many voiceover artists, you probably wouldn't stop Heather North on the streets for an autograph, but if she called you on the phone, you might jump with recognition. For the nearly 35 years Heather has provided the voice of plucky Daphne Blake, of Scooby-Doo fame.

Heather North Kenney was born December 13, 1950 in Pasadena, California. She used her serendipitous location to land acting gigs in commercials at an early age, and at 15 made her first television appearance, playing a friend of Gidget in the series of the same name. She also guest starred on a number of television series, including "The Monkees", "My Three Sons", and "Green Acres". Finally, she got her first big break in 1967 when she was cast to replace Astrid Warner as Sandy Horton on the popular soap opera "Days of Our Lives." She played Sandy for four years, and it was on the "Days" set that she met producer Wes Kenney, whom she married in 1971.

In 1970, Heather was given a bit part in the weak Elliot Gould vehicle I Love My Wife. However, that role paled in comparison to her other major coup: the voice of Daphne Blake on the popular cartoon "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" Since she was first given the job, Heather has done Daphne's voice for numerous spinoffs, television movies, and commercials. Although others have taken over Daphne's primary voice for TV, Heather is still the go-to girl for movies. Her most recent appearances was in 2003's "Scooby-Doo and the Monster of Mexico".

She and Wes reside in Los Angeles and have one son.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.