Half-Life Blue Shift is a standalone episode in the Half-Life Universe, in which you play Calhoon the security guard. Yet more of the storyline is revealed to you, and there are some really interesting and complex puzzles, some of which really demand you think a lot. The only problem with this is that you have to step your mind up a notch, because you simply don't expect the game to be demanding you do such complex things.

The new high resolution pack looks fantastic, even with my very poor 2D graphics card. The new assault rifle looks fantastic, and less like an mp5 (even if that's what it's supposed to be, I don't feel like a very big man going around with an mp5).

The only problem I encounted with the game was the high resolution pack, when installed on the first Half-Life game, made Action Half-Life bomb out whenever I tried to run it. Simply un-installing the high resolution pack fixed this problem (who plays the single player game anymore, anyway?).

Minimum requirements:

Windows 95/98/ME/2000/NT4.0 with SP4.
Pentium II 233 or AMD K6-2.
32 MB RAM.
40MB free hard disk space.
2x CD-ROM drive.
16-bit colour DirectX-compatible graphics card.
Windows-compatible sound card.

It supports OpenGL or Direct3D accelerator cards.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.