"EVER BEEN PICKED UP BY A HAIRY LEMON?"
screams the heading of the small piece of advertising I picked up in the chemist today.

The rest of the leaflet reads, in part:

Hairy Lemon is an effervescent, pleasant tasting vitamin/herbal formula that provides the body with energy as well as helping to provide mental alertness.

Hairy Lemon is an ideal formula for those who feel tired from a busy lifestyle or have trouble concentrating. Hairy Lemon can also be used in place of any vitamin B formula to help relieve tension and stress. Its strong recovery action is also helpful for those recovering from a late night out. Hairy Lemon makes for a refreshing tonic in a cold glass of water to help you get through the day.

Hairy Lemon contains:

And it has a really effective marketing strategy, as long as no one yells "discrimination."

The Hairy Lemon is the name of a popular pub in central Dublin, Ireland.

It's a very large pub that occupies three buildings and is full of useless old crap like broken bicycles, old pumps, roadsigns etc. in an effort, I presume, to appeal to tourists. Parts of the film "The Commitments" were also shot here, adding to the appeal.

It is frequented by a fairly mixed crowd of all ages, although at the weekends it's more of a 30+ vibe if you're in for the night. It's not the type of place you would go on the pull in either. They've recently opened a new restaurant section and I hear the food is very good. They also serve a lovely pint.

The best thing about this pub is the little booth at the front that can fit no more that three people, with a huge window that faces out on to lower Stephen St.

You can sit there all day, watching the world go by.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.