"Transporting the dead, so you don't have to."

A tool for Nethack that allows people to exchange bones files.

Previously, some websites offered bonesfiles exchange, but the system was fairly awkward. Hearse automates this.

Hearse just figures out what version and build of Nethack you're using, and sends your bones files to server somewhere - and downloads you a bunch of bones files from other players.

The only problem with Hearse is the bones files incompatibility - bones files are highly version/build dependent. Hearse won't upload or download files that are incompatible with your version or the versions server knows of. This may be a problem for users of some binaries (particularly on UNIX platforms).

Homepage, as of writing: http://www.irishblood.net/hearse/

Hearse (?), n. [Etymol. uncertain.]

A hind in the year of its age.

[Eng.]

Wright.

 

© Webster 1913.


Hearse (?), n. [See Herse.]

1.

A framework of wood or metal placed over the coffin or tomb of a deceased person, and covered with a pall; also, a temporary canopy bearing wax lights and set up in a church, under which the coffin was placed during the funeral ceremonies.

[Obs.]

Oxf. Gloss.

2.

A grave, coffin, tomb, or sepulchral monument.

[Archaic] "Underneath this marble hearse."

B. Johnson.

Beside the hearse a fruitful palm tree grows. Fairfax

Who lies beneath this sculptured hearse. Longfellow.

3.

A bier or handbarrow for conveying the dead to the grave.

[Obs.]

Set down, set down your honorable load, It honor may be shrouded in a hearse. Shak.

4.

A carriage specially adapted or used for conveying the dead to the grave.

 

© Webster 1913.


Hearse, v. t.

To inclose in a hearse; to entomb.

[Obs.] "Would she were hearsed at my foot."

Shak.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.