(Hinduism, Vaishnavism)

Guru-puja
(additional verses for worshiping the Spiritual Master)

mukam karoti vacalam pangum langhayate girim
yat-kripa tam aham vande sri-gurum dina-taranam

I offer my respectful obeisances unto my spiritual master, the deliverer of the fallen souls. His mercy turns the dumb into eloquent speakers and enables the lame to ctoss mountains.

nama-sreshtham manu api scai-putram atra svarupam
rupam tasyagrajam uru-purum mathurim goshthavatim
radha-kundam giri-varam aho radhika-madhavasham
prapto yasya prathita-kripaya sri-gurum tam nato 'smi

I bow down to the beautiful lotus feet of my spiritual master, by whose causeless mercy I have obtained the supreme Holy Name, the divine mantra, the service of the son of Sachi-mata [Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu], the association of Srila Swarupa Damodara, Rupa Gosvami, and his older brother Svarupa Gosvami, the supreme abode of Mathur, the blissful abode of Vrindavana, the divine Radha-kunda and Govardhana Hill, and the desire within my heart for the loving servie of Sri Radhika and Madhava in Vrindavana.

he guro jñana-da dina-bandho
svananda-datah karunaika-sindho
vrindavanasina hitavatara
prasida radha-pranaya-pracara

O spiritual master, O giver of divine wisdom, O friend of the fallen, you are the giver of your own bliss and you are the only ocean of mercy. Although dwelling in Vrindavana, you have descended for the welfare of fallen souls, like myself and you are preaching the divine love of Radha for Krishna. Please be kind to me.


Atma-samarpana

amsho bhagavato 'smy aham sada daso 'smi sarvatha
tat-kripapekshako nityam tat-preshtha-sat karomi svam

I am a tiny part and parcel of the Supreme Lord and I am always and in every way His eternal servant. As I am always hoping for His mercy and kindness, I offer myself to His most dear servitor, my spiritual master.


Guru-pranama

radha-sammukha-samsaktim sakhi-sanga-nivasinim
tvam aham satatam vande madhavashraya-vigraham

O spiritual master, I continually offer my obeisances unto you, who are always in the presence of Srimati Radharani and very much devoted to Her. You always reside in the association of Her confidantes, the gopis, and you are the abode of loving devotion to Krishna.


Vaishnava-pranama

vañcha-kalpa-tarubhyash ca kripa-sindhubhya eva ca
patitanam pavanebhyo vaishanvebhyo namo namah

I offer my respectful obeisances unto all the Vaishnava devotees of the Lord. They are just like desire trees who can fulfill the desires of everyone. They are oceans of mercy and the purifiers of the fallen souls.


Back to "Vaishnava Prayers & Songs"

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.