Gohan is the son of Goku and Chichi in the DragonBall Z series of cartoons. He's a little kid until the later episodes, after Goku meets his maker. At this point, Gohan becomes the main protagonist of the show, and Goten and Trunks are the powerful little kids. Krillin also remains a back-up character. Anyway, Gohan recieves his martial arts training from Piccolo, which actually consisted of just being left in the wild to try and fend for himself.

Gohan gets guff from his mom for slacking off in his studies, but this usually only happens when he's out trying to save the earth. Gohan has a power, much like his father, that stems from the desire to protect those weaker than himself. Case in point:Whenever one of their friends gets hurt, you'll notice that they, Goku or Gohan suddenly have a lot more energy at their disposal.

Gohan is the Japanese word for cooked rice. It also
means meal, especially when used as part of a larger
word such as asagohan (breakfast), hirugohan (lunch),
or bangohan (dinner). This is because most meals in
Japan include rice.

Son Gohan is also Son Goku's adoptive father in Akira Toriyama's comic series DragonBall.

(Due to Chinese naming conventions, Sr. and Jr. are not added to the names of Goku's father and Goku's son in the story. In this writeup, I mainly talk about Goku's father.)

During his youth, Gohan learns martial arts under Mutaito, along with his peer Mutenroshi (Master Roshi) and others. Both Mutaito and Mutenroshi die on different occasions upon performing a suicidal move called the Mafuba against Piccolo. The Mafuba involves trapping a person or a demon into an electronic rice cooker labelled with a written spell.

After becoming an elderly, Gohan discovers Goku who fell from the heavens in a space capsule, and decides to adopt him. At first, Goku is a violent Saiyan from planet Vegeta intent on the destruction of the human race, but becomes a "normal" child after Gohan tosses him off a cliff and gives him amnesia. Growing up in an isolated mountain, Goku learns manners and some martial arts from Gohan. Later, Gohan is killed by none other than Son Goku himself during one of Goku's full moon shapeshifting berserker rages. Goku doesn't remember his berserker rages, but later puts 1 and 1 together to figure out what really happened. After Gohan's death, Goku believes that Gohan's spirit resides in the four star dragon ball. The same four star dragon ball appears as a decoration on Goku's son Gohan's childhood hat.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.