Every man who's ever had a girlfriend knows about this, the strange halo of light, or maybe it's a stench which a male exudes when he's entered into monogamy with a female which seems to inexplicably make him more attractive to other females with whom he then cannot legally commiserate without violating the covenant of the girlfriend.

Not true. Girlfriends also have this Aura. It makes them very attractive indeed. I think it is less to do with the actual presence or knowledge of the other party, but more to do with the balance and peace lent by the knowledge that they are in a good relationship. People who are going out with someone and are comfortable, radiate confidence, and ease, and that is very attractive.

It is often hard to distract yourself with the fact that this person is probably this attractive cos they already have a boyfriend/husband/lesbian lover/significant other... This leads to the phrase the good ones are already taken. Or if they aren't yet, they will be by the time you notice them. Sigh...

Perhaps this phenomenon is caused by a guy's knowledge that he no longer must seek a girlfriend. Most guys have it in their heads that they, for one reason or another, NEED a girlfriend at all times. Because of this, when he meets a prospective girlfriend, he acts how he assumes he must act in such an encounter. When he already has a girlfriend, he no longer must inhabit this state, and perhaps the lack of this state of mind is what is attractive...

Pure speculation, mind you.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.