Another recipe from "Adventures in wuukiee-cooking"

This tastes best served rolled up in crepes (or spring rolls). Just use the recipe from that node because it's fantastic, and make the batter first thing and let it sit while you prepare the rest of the dish.

Marinade:
1/2 cup white zinfandel
2 tsp soy sauce (3 if you prefer a stronger, saltier taste)
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
splash teriyaki sauce (if desired)
1 lg or 2 sm clove garlic
piece of fresh ginger root the same size as the garlic
1/4 tsp brown sugar

In a bowl, COMBINE all ingredients, pressing the ginger and garlic in a garlic press if you have one. Stir well.

Thinly SLICE 1 lb pork into the marinade and let sit while you prepare the veggies. (I use boneless pork chops and have no idea how it would turn out with a different cut.)

into a seperate bowl,
SLIVER, do not press:
2-3 cloves garlic
eqivalent piece fresh ginger root
CHOP FINELY:
1/4 to 1/2 head cabbage
3-4 green onions

NOW cook your crepes--cook all of them now before you cook the meat. Use a large skillet instead of a small crepe pan so they are large enough to fill.

Remove pork from marinade, keeping the sauce aside, and lightly brown in oil (preferably sesame, but any kind works.) Once pork is browned, add a small amount of water (without draining juice and oil) and add the bowl of veggies on top of the meat. Salt the surface of the greens lightly.

WHISK 1/4 tsp corn starch into marinade while you're waiting on the rest to cook. Once the cabbage and onions start to lighten and wilt, add the marinade to the pan and mix well. Cook until the cabbage is tender and a light translucent green and the sauce has thickened to an opaque light brown. (This should take between 5 and 10 minutes depending on how much you added). You can tend the mixture uncovered and toss it constantly, or you can cover it and let it simmer nearly the whole time.

Place 3-4 goodsized forkfuls of filling in a line down the middle of the crepe, add some sauce, fold the top and bottom to the center then roll the remaining sides in.

Makes about 6 servings (with a few extra crepes for desert!)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.