The Garibaldi is a public house (or "pub") located in Burnham, Buckinghamshire, England. It has recently been renovated and offers the drinker a wide selection of drinks. Aside from the drinks there is a pleasant beer garden and a touch-screen video game machine. There is a weekly lottery with a prize that increases each week until a person wins. I would recommend all visitors to this area of the world go to the Garibaldi for a tipple.

The Garibaldi (Hypsypops rubicundus) is the state fish of California. Bright orange to reddish-orange in color and about 12 inches in length fully grown, Garibaldi range from Monterrey in the north to Baja California in the south. The fish was named after 19th century Italian revolutionary Giuseppe Garibaldi, whose followers wore bright red shirts. One of the best places to see Garibaldi is close to shore in and around Santa Catalina Island off the Los Angeles coast.

Ga`ri*bal"di (?), n.

1.

A jacket worn by women; -- so called from its resemblance in shape to the red shirt worn by the Italians patriot Garibaldi.

2. Zool.

A California market fish (Pomancentrus rubicundus) of a deep scarlet color.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.