This simple and quick dish is a great addition to a day outside by the swimming pool with a couple of friends.

Ingredients

  • 1 large pineapple cut into generous chunks.
  • 2 apples, peeled and sliced (cores removed).
  • 2 oranges, peeled and broken into segments.
  • 2 large mangoes, peeled and sliced roughly.
  • 2 chillies, deseeded and chopped.
  • Zest of 1 lime (squeeze out the lime juice and keep separately).
  • 1 sprig of mint.
  • 1 250ml tin of coconut milk

Method

  1. Heat a very thin layer of oil in a wok until piping hot.
  2. Throw in the chopped chillies, then immediately turn down the heat to low.
  3. Cook the chillies for about a minute.
  4. Throw in the pineapple chunks and the apple slices, stir around for about 1 minute.
  5. Add the mangoes to the mix, and cook further for about 1 minute.
  6. Turn the heat up to high again, and wait until the contents of the wok are real hot (don't forget to stir or it will all stick to the bottom).
  7. When the contents are really cooking, throw in the lime juice and immediately remove from heat.
  8. Stir in the coconut milk, and top with the orange segments
  9. Garnish with lime zest and chopped mint.

Alternatively, blending the above ingredients with a couple of big spoons of frozen yoghurt or ice cream will make a real good smoothie, but then don’t cook it...just blend it!

ENJOY!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.