Back to the Dim Sum metanode
Crab is good. Enough said. Fried crispy and with shrimp, this makes a great seafood dim sum dish. You can dip it in sauce or salt. I prefer peppercorn salt or vinegar. Tartar sauce also works.
Ingredients (makes 10)
- Boil crab claws in wok. Remove shell, leave 1 inch at the tip of the claw.
- Chop shrimp to a fine mush. Add salt, pepper, sherry, 1/2 the beaten egg, and 1 teaspoon of cornstarch. Blend mixture.
- Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoons of shrimp mixture on each crab claw. Use wet fingers to shape mixture smoothly around it. Leave tip as handle. Dredge claws evenly with remaining cornstarch.
- Dip claws in remaining 1/2 beaten egg. Coat evenly with bread crumbs.
- Heat oil. When hot, add crab claws. Deep fry about 12 minutes, until they become golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve hot with dip.